A customer portal for receiving electronic invoices should fulfil various requirements in order to be efficient, secure and user-friendly.
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT MODULE
A workflow for reconciling invoice-related documents, such as timesheets, between the contractor and client can be organised in several steps. The aim is to ensure efficient, transparent and error-free reconciliation.
Here is a workflow:
1. supplier management
- Supplier onboarding process
2. preparation of the documents by the contractor
- Prepares and fills in the timesheets based on the hours worked.
- Prepares documentation where all relevant information, activities performed, date and location are recorded.
- Performs an internal review of timesheets to identify and correct errors or discrepancies.
- Submits timesheets to the client via a shared digital system.
3. preliminary review by the client
- Performs a preliminary review of submitted documents to identify obvious errors or discrepancies.
4. coordination process between contractor and client
- Joint review: Both parties meet (in person or digitally) to go through and confirm the timesheets.
- Discussion and clarification: In the event of ambiguities or differences, these are discussed and clarified.
5. final confirmation by the client
- The client officially confirms the accuracy of the timesheets, possibly with a digital or physical signature.
6. documentation and archiving by contractor and client
- Both parties save the finalised and confirmed timesheets in their systems for future reference and possible audits.
Incoming Invoice Module
An invoice receipt module contains various functions to simplify, automate and optimise the invoice processing process.
The invoice receipt platform serves as a technical component for the centralised receipt of electronic invoices as well as their validation and subsequent provision for automated further processing.
Here are some key functions that such a module includes:
1. supplier management
- Possibility for suppliers to enter invoices directly and view the status of their invoices.
2. various incoming invoices
- Receipt via the Peppol network
- Receipt by e-mail
- Upload via the web interface
- Manual input on the web interface
3. data validation and processing
- Automatic check: Checking the invoice data for completeness and accuracy.
- Comparison with order data: Comparison of invoice information with corresponding orders and delivery data.
4. workflow management
- Approval workflows: Setup of automated approval processes based on defined rules and amounts.
- Notifications and escalations: Automatic notifications to responsible employees when approvals are required or issues arise.
5. integration with financial systems
- Accounting integration: Automatic posting of invoice data in the accounting software.
- Payment processing: Integration with payment systems to trigger payments.
6. reporting and analytics
- Expenditure monitoring: Overview of expenditure and cost centres.
- Performance indicators: Monitoring of key performance indicators (KPIs) such as lead times, discount utilisation and supplier performance.
7 Archiving and compliance
- Digital archiving: Secure and legally compliant storage of invoices.
- Audit trail: Traceability of processing steps for audits.
8. user-friendliness and customisability
Wir unterstützen und beraten Sie bei der Implementierung von elektronischen Rechnungen!
Tel: +49 561-56014568